A Day with Kim Barthel
An innovator in connecting mental health and function, occupational therapist Kim Barthel has dedicated herself to bridging disciplines and opening minds.
A proponent of “putting your mind in the mind of the other”, she teaches globally about understanding what’s behind complex behaviour. Her specialties include attachment, trauma, addiction, sensory processing, movement, and learning. Neurobiology is integral to Kim’s focus – because the more we understand how the brain works, the more we can feel compassion for ourselves and others, naturally reducing the shame and division between us.
- Gain an appreciation for the deep impact that trauma has upon brain development, relational skills, coping strategies and behaviour
- Identification of the red flags in behaviour that are suggestive of relational trauma, and complexities when coupled with developmental disability
- Develop skills of Attunement and “holding space” as a force for regulation, healthy brain rewiring, reflection, self-esteem and learning
- Develop practical scripts and skills related to compassionate communication
- How to support others with trauma in any setting
Registration and more information at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/trauma-informed-practice-kim-barthel-ot-tickets-43994833732